EasyBuild + EESSI UK workshop (April 2023)¶
Introductory workshop to EasyBuild and EESSI, held in conjunction with the 8th EasyBuild User Meeting (EUM'23); see also easybuild.io/eb-eessi-uk-workshop-2023-04.
- Dates: 27+28 April 2023
- Venue: Imperial College, London, UK
To attend this workshop on-site, you must be registered.
All workshop content will remain afterwards.
The most recent version of the presentation slides are available here.
(all times are BST)
Day 1: Introduction to EasyBuild¶
Thu 27 April 2023
- [10:00-10:05] Welcome + Practical Info
- [10:05-10:15] What is EasyBuild?
- [10:15-10:30] EasyBuild Terminology
- [10:30-11:00] Installation and configuration of EasyBuild (hands-on)
- [11:00-11:30] Basic Usage of EasyBuild (hands-on)
- [11:30-12:00] Installing Software with EasyBuild (hands-on)
- [12:00-13:00] (lunch break)
- [14:00-15:00] Troubleshooting (hands-on)
- [13:00-14:00] Writing Easyconfigs (hands-on)
- [15:00-15:30] (coffee break)
- [15:30-16:30] Module Naming Schemes (hands-on)
- [16:30-17:00] Q&A
Day 2: EasyBuild (advanced) + EESSI¶
Fri 28 April 2023
[10:00-12:00] EasyBuild: advanced topics (incl. demos)
- Contributing to EasyBuild
- Customizing EasyBuild Using Hooks
- Implementing Easyblocks
- Submitting Installations as Slurm Jobs
- Using EasyBuild as a Python Library
[12:00-13:00] (lunch break)
- Introduction to EESSI
- Getting access to EESSI (hands-on)
- Using EESSI (hands-on)
- Use Cases for EESSI
Last update: April 28, 2023